CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Now that "Summer" is over...

Today was the end of our summer break as Jacob started kindergarten. Hard to believe how fast these last five years have gone. Jacob was actually pretty excited and eager to go. He even thought that he would grow "massively" over night. When I told him that "I wanted to take pictures of him in the morning" he told me that "they would just be pictures of his belly because he would be so much taller" He then mentioned that he would have to take showers because he wouldn't fit in the tub anymore. Well, he popped out of bed this am the same height as he went to bed...a little disappointed, but still excited for the day.
There is little girl named Audrey that he knew from PPCS(she was in another class but they had chapel together)that is in his class this year. She just might be his new love interest. Jacob did really well walking into class and right away found his desk and sat right down. He looked like such a big boy today. I felt very excited for him and not really all that sad...well..that was only until I read the note his teacher Mrs. Brock wrote and handed to us with the instruction "not to be read until you are in the car". This is what it said..

"I gave you a little wink and smile as you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is for you to leave and know your child must stay.
You've been with them five years now and been a loving guide, but now, alas the time has come to leave them by my side.
Just know that as you drive away and the tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love them as I would my own, and help them learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass.
So please put your mind at ease, and cry those tears no more.
For I will love them and take them in when you leave them at my door."

Then I cried like a baby.

Jake had a great 1st day, and really likes his teacher. I hope the rest of year will continue to be just as smooth.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

He sure does look all grown up. I miss you guys!

Lori said...

Sarah ... oh my goodness, that note!!! I would have cried like a baby too!!! I can't believe he started Kindergarten ... seriously ... it's just not processing with me for some reason, denial. He's such a good boy, he's going to do so great though! We're up in Seattle right now, we'll be here through sept 2nd, I'll call you when we get back to Vegas and we can catch up. I miss you guys ... hugs to the boys for us~